#2 BITS & BYTES
(September 2021, up to latest release 1.0.55)
Summer vacation for our friends in South Germany came to an end. Just in time for a new batch of Bits & Bytes from our Mate-lovers here at Cybus.
This time, our coding artist Pablo reveals to us his favourite Connectware feature. Be sure to check it out!
New metrics overview
Have you ever wondered how much data is being sent through the system? Make a guess and check it inside your Connectware. We have just added a metric table displaying the data throughput for a particular hour or day.
Connections x 10 !!!
…10 times more connections possible in the ingress-controller. With the new implemented environment variable for Docker Compose, Connectware now allows up to 10.000 connections instead of 1024. That means 8976 more KUKA robots can send data through their MQTT clients to the Connectware than before!
Adding “connecting…” labels, better redirection, more performant handling of large amounts of data topics… We follow the 1% rule and improve your UI experience by making the small things right that add up!
Pablo, Coding Artist
MULTIPLE SUBSCRIPTION & COLLECT RULE
“It provides a very simple syntax for collecting information from multiple sources into a single message.
For example, let’s say we have a workshop with 200 robotic welding machines which might stop working if a certain temperature threshold is detected. One could use this feature to collect this value from all the machines in a single object and feed that object to the dashboard. As a result, you will get an instant view of any deviation in the factory.
It can also be used in conjunction with other rules to send messages to machines in a warning state to automatically correct the situation.”
Protocols & Standards
- HTTP protocol: Add OAuth Client Credentials authentication support to HTTP Protocol, see Oauth 2.0 Client Credentials Grant
- Euromap 77: Now available as an OPC UA Integration, making it possible to serve data through OPC UA in the typical Euromap 77 format
- Heidenhain protocol: Improved connection for multiple instances
- SQL Protocol: Support for connecting to PostgreSQL databases has been added ➄ Initial steps for write confirmation implemented for all protocols
- Initial steps for write confirmation implemented for all protocols ⓺ OPC UA: Error Messages are now logged in case opcua write is failing
- OPC UA: Error Messages are now logged in case opcua write is failing
Take me to the Connectivity Portfolio with all protocols and standards
Our Cybus Dev Team uses a rolling release cycle with weekly updates. This gives us the opportunity to quickly incorporate bug fixes and improvements. So submit in your feature request or bug report – and start the countdown.
See you next month!